We all use creativity:
- To solve problems by imagining different outcomes and how to achieve them.
- To enhance our lives by creating ways to make ourselves happy.
- To enrich relationships.
Picture books nurture creativity:
- By providing an opportunity for open ended questions to encourage imagination such as “what would it be like to float in a bubble?”
- llustrations in picture books help children understand what they are reading and provide visual clues which inspire imagination.
- Children often make up their own languages while pretending to be characters in a story.